Exceptional Individuals Deserve Benefits Worthy of Their Service.
Just as our Special Agents protect the well-being of others, the United States Secret Service strives to ensure their well-being as well by offering benefits commensurate to the immense service they give to the nation and others.
From comprehensive retirement plans to low-cost life insurance, the U.S. Secret Service offers extensive assistance to its valued employees.
In addition to federal employee benefits, special agents benefits also include:
- Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) that provides an opportunity for Special Agents to receive up to an additional 25 percent of their annual base pay
- Low-cost life insurance
- Individual or family membership in low-cost federal health benefit plans
- Annual leave earned at the rate of 13 to 26 days per year, based on length of employment. Prior federal civilian or military service is credited, as authorized
- Sick leave accumulated at the rate of 13 days per year without limit
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Comprehensive retirement benefits. Retirement credit is granted for prior federal military or government service, as authorized
- Paid Parental Leave
- Eligible for participation in Flexible Spending Account
- May be eligible to participate in the following programs: Child Care Subsidy Benefit; Telework; Student Loan Repayment; Tuition Assistance; Public Transportation Incentive
- Recruitment Bonus for Foreign